Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's Play Time!

Jacob's personality is really starting to show more and more these days. Here's a few pictures of him from the past few weeks.

This one is so cute...Jacob with his "laptop" and dad with his!

Jacob still hasn't figured out how to get the ball in the basket, but maybe soon! Looks like I caught Jackson in a yawn or something!
The days are going by so quickly. It's hard to believe that our little boy will be one year old very soon. Yikes!


My latest project includes taking all Jacob's medical records, insurance claims, TEIS information, and medical supply orders and putting them into a nice, neat, chronological, and organized binder for future reference. I have been putting it off for a while. As daunting as this sounds, it's actually been pretty amazing to go through all the paperwork. As I was reading his birth report last night, I was amazed at how technical everything was, and that I actually understood it. I guess that's what 101 days in the NICU will give you! Some of the doctors actually found ways to put a little bit of themselves and the personal things into their reports. For example, the NICU doctor on the night of Jacob's birth wrote that Jacob had pictures taken and was seen by mom for a couple of minutes before taken to the VCH NICU. It didn't feel like a couple of minutes, but I can still see that moment in my head. Nice that he reported about it. He thought it was important enough to note it.


Interestingly, I actually did find a mistake in one of the reports though...one doctor (that we saw all of 1 time) put in her report that Jacob received his surgeries while on ECMO.....when actually....he was NEVER put on ECMO. Pretty big difference! I guess she must have assumed that, or just glanced through a previous report and thought he had needed it with his previous history. Who knows, but I thought it was interesting.


Enough of my ramblings...thanks for checking in with us today. Please keep praying that Jacob will continue to make progress in his gross motor skills...it seems like that's one area where we need alot of help. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment